Tuesday 29 September 2009

Update

Got the boiler stuck down with impressively adhesive double sided flooring tape, is now just about mirror perfect and doesn't seem to bubble.
The new boiler is literally twice as good as the prototype (which I was fairly happy with anyway) and gets the ethanol boiling from warm in under three minutes.

The wheel is still leaking, despite my unloading half a reel of teflon tape on the damn thing. I think the vaseline grease gasket approach just isn't going to work, so I'm back to the drawing board on that one.
Membrane, I think.

Update on the update: have developed a new form of sealed eccentric rotational couple. I'll see if it actually works when this wind dies down and I can make it to Christiania without being blown into the Teglværkshavnen.

No comments:

Post a Comment